Gate to Pay cardholder/e-money Service terms and conditions
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using the prepaid card/e-money service.
Your use of this service means that you have agreed to the terms and conditions of use of the prepaid card/e-money service provided by Jordanian Elaf for Integrated Solutions. If you do not agree to any of these terms and conditions below, please do not use the prepaid card/e-money service provided by Jordanian Elaf for Integrated Solutions. Jordanian Elaf for Integrated Solutions reserves the right to amend or update the terms and conditions as it sees fit, where the customer is notified before the application of these modifications or updates becomes binding on the customer and is published on the website www.gatetopay.com These special terms and conditions apply to the holders of the prepaid card/e-money service, the terms of providing the service to the customer, in addition to the other parts of the agreement between the customer and the Jordanian Elaf Company for Integrated Solutions.
- The Jordanian Elaf Integrated Solutions “Gate to Pay” card/e-money is a prepaid card/e-money issued for a specified fee and used by its holder to pay the value of purchases via the Internet or through Point-of-Sale machines. The Jordanian Elaf Integrated Solutions prepaid card e-money can also be used for cash withdrawals through Automated Teller Machines (ATMs).
- The card/e-money is purely personal and cannot be leased or loaned to any other person. The use of the card/e-money is limited to the holder whose name and signature appears on the application.
- The customer agrees to consider the company's electronic record certified, documented and conclusive evidence, and the customer has the right to file a chargeback to any of the transactions conducted in his account statement within 120 days from the date of the executed transaction.
- The company is not responsible in any case of any fraud related to the misuse of the card/e-money or its loss, and the cardholder has the right to file a chargeback on any operations carried out on his prepaid card/e-money, and in this case, he is solely responsible for the expenses related to the card/e-money and the chargebacks and their consequences.
- The company is obligated to bear any damage that may be caused to the customer due to a malfunction in the system or because of any third party dealing with the company’s customers for the benefit of the company or because of fraud and/or hacking that occurs without negligence or negligence on the part of the customer.
- The card holder undertakes to maintain the proper use and safety of his card/e-money and to avoid its misuse, and in the event of its loss or theft, he undertakes and must inform the company or the international Mastercard / Visa card center immediately of the loss or theft by phone through the call centres and customer service. The cardholder should inform the company in writing of this event.
- The customer agrees to pay the fees for issuing the prepaid card/e-money of Jordanian Elaf for integrated solutions, in addition to renewing the card according to the list of commissions that is approved by the company.
- The cardholder/e-money owner is the one who will determine the limit of the card/e-money that will be issued through the company. Accordingly, the cardholder/e-money owner is aware that he must use the full card/e-money balance during the validity period of the card.
- The fee for feeding the card/e-money account in addition to the fees for cash withdrawal and the fees for withdrawing the balance is according to the list of approved fees by the company and published on the website.
- The company has the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time, and the company must inform the customers before any modification, and any use of the card after that date is considered as an acceptance by the cardholder/e-money owner of this modification.
- The Client agrees to provide the Company with his information and data, such as a trading statement, a form and/or identification documents for the Client, with the agent to whom the card is linked under his platform.
- The customer acknowledges that the company has the right, after being notified of this, and if there is any reason, or if the customer breaches the terms of the contract, or if any of the documents submitted is found to be incorrect, or discover that the customer is on any of the ban lists issued under UN Security Council resolutions in addition to the national list Issued by the Technical Committee to implement the obligations contained in Security Council Resolution No. 1373 (2001) and other related resolutions, or the customer’s practice of illegal acts that require the payment service provider to terminate the contract and after notifying the customer of that, whether paper or electronically at the approved address, to stop and/or Cancel the provision of the service at any time and without entailing any legal or contractual liability on the company in any way.
- This application is subject to the provisions, laws, regulations and instructions in force in the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan.
- The customer authorises the company, in the event of submitting a chargeback to any transactions on the card/e-money account, to collect an amount of (5 JOD) in the event that the chargeback is proven to be wrong “rejected as per the international schemes rules” and without the need to obtain a prior approval from the customer for that, and this term is considered as the customer approval.
- When requesting a withdrawal of the card/e-money balance, the company will provide the value within four working days, and the customer has no right to demand the value or submit a claim before the above specified period.
- The customer agrees to deduct a commission when using electronic services, charging or recharging services, where the value of the deduction is according to the commissions and fees approved and published on the website which depends on the charging channels of the cards/e-money and other services.
- The customer is informed about the transactions that are conducted on his personal account through a text message that sent to the Customer when conducting any financial transactions. He can also track the financial transactions through the application, and the Customer has the right to request an account statement from the company at any time.
- The website includes the services updated commissions, fees and charges, and the customer can view them at any time.
- The customer undertakes to abide by the laws, regulations, and instructions regulating their relationship with the company, in particular the instructions issued by the Central Bank of Jordan, related to foreign currency control, and any amendments that may occur thereto from time to time, and in any request agreement or other document related to the issuance of the card/e-money.
- In the event of the customer's death, the following shall be followed
- When information is received by the company and by any of the available means on the death of the Customer, the account status is immediately changed to frozen.
- The heirs are required to bring a proof of inheritance inventory or a transfer letter from the Sharia court so that the amount can be sent to the court to distribute it according to the rules.
- The amount will be transferred by check to the order of the estate judge in addition to his job.
The card/e-money is considered dormant if no financial transactions has been made on it for a period of one year, and in the event that it is not possible to communicate with the customer who owns the card/e-money and exhaust all means of communication with him, a commission will be charged according to the pricing policy published on the company’s website.
- The company is obligated to notify the customer at his available address with the company that his card/e-money will be considered dormant at least one month before the end of the period stipulated above.
- It is not allowed to accept any withdrawals or transfers from the dormant card/e-money unless the customer personally or his representative under a legal power of attorney or a duly approved authorization, or authorized to sign on the card/e-money in the case of a legal person, check with the payment service provider at its headquarters.
- In the event that the customer or his legal representative visits the company with the aim of reactivating the dormant card/e-money or withdrawing the balance, the company is obligated to reactivate the card/e-money or allow the customer to withdraw existing balance.
- The company has the right to suspend the electronic payment/e-money account or any of the payment tools or electronic means associated with it (including the card or the mobile application) in the event of any suspicions of fraud or any clear legal violations related to this account until it is verified.
- The company is committed to maintain the confidentiality of the customer’s information and data, and is also committed not to use it for any purposes outside the scope of the business relationship and/or share it with any third party without the prior written consent of the customer or because of one of the cases permitted under the provisions of the legislation in force in the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan.
- The customer acknowledges that all the information and documents submitted to the company are correct, and confirmed to inform the company of any modification or change that occurs to his address, his phone number, or any information of importance at the time or upon request from the company, and that if it turns out otherwise, it is considered In breach of the contract, the company has the right to stop the product or service provided or to close the electronic payment account, as the case may be, after notifying the customer of the appropriate methods.
- This agreement is subject to the provisions, laws, regulations, and instructions in force in the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan. In the event of any dispute regarding the application of this agreement, the jurisdiction of the Amman court shall rest with the Abdali Palace of Justice.
- The customer acknowledges and agrees that the company will not be responsible for any errors and/or damages and/or expenses that may be incurred by the Customer as a result of any breach of these terms and conditions by him, and that the Customer undertakes to bear all compensation, claims and damages that the company may suffer as a result of any breach of the customer accepts these terms and conditions.
Please note that you, as a customer, have the right to file a complaint about the services and products provided by Jordanian Elaf for Integrated Solutions “Gate to Pay”, without incurring any fees or commissions, through the following means of communication:
- Through P.O. Box: 830080, Amman 11110
- Through the email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can contact the phone services and those who are available to receive your complaints around the clock on the number 0096262004717 from inside and outside Jordan.
- Visit the website: www.gatetopay.com
It is also worth noting that the time required to resolve and address your complaints will be from 1-10 working days, depending on the nature of the complaint, which the compliant treatment is expected to start immediately after the complaint is received.
On the other hand, please note that you have the right to refer your complaint to the Central Bank of Jordan or the legal authorities in the event that the decision presented by the complaint handler is not satisfying your expectations. Accordingly, please see below the contact details with the Central Bank of Jordan’s management:
- Postal address PO Box 37 Amman 11118 Jordan
- Telephone No. 0096264630301
- Email: Fcp@CBJ.gov.jo